Catalyzed Varnish (Beshta-Var)
- Heat Resistant - up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water Resistant - Resists water rings left from sweaty glasses
- Resistant to household cleaners including acetone and nail polish remover
- Improved Mar and Scratch Resistance
- A ridge is created for wood pieces to slide into.
- Gascho drawer bottoms and cabinet doors formed for panels and glass.
- Top molding of Cabinet (42156)
Dual Gear Drive Slides
- Heavy duty gears used on our pedastal tables to open and close the table smoothly and securely
- Constructed of solid oak or maple
- Accommodate multiple leaves
- Crafted on all Gascho drawers
- First used to piece together chests (first 'case' pieces)
- Most popular for drawer corners
- First joint looked for by antique appraisers
Finished Cabinet Tops
- Unlike the competition, Gascho cabinet tops are finished and sealed with a catalyzed varnish
- This process provides maximum protection and visual appeal
Flush Mounted Cabinet Backs
- Mounted to be flush with the top and the sides of the cabinet
- Cabinet back used is the same species of wood as the rest of the cabinet
- Sprayed with Danish oil stain to match the entire piece
Full Extension Drawer Guides
- Dual ball-bearing guides that provide maximum stability and full extension
- 100 lb. weight capacity
- Internal cabinet drawer is constructed of solid oak or maple and is finished with a catalyzed varnish
- Corner block under leg tables
- Most common in simple 45° angles
Mortise & Tenon
- Oldest technique dating back as far as 2500 B.C. – Ancient Egyptians used this technique to reinforce bed posts/rails.
- Used to reinforce all 90° angles on Gascho cabinets and chairs..
- Compare to a modern-day jigsaw puzzle – when properly constructed, a wood joint is stronger than the wood itself.
Panel and Frame
- Little rubber balls placed in frame
- Allows expanding and contracting on cabinet doors
Solid Wood Slides
- Used on our leg tables and are constructed of solid maple
- Extend to impressive dimensions
- Accommodate leaves and center leg supports
- Bow backs on Gascho Chairs.
- Round/oval aprons on tables.
- Avoids cutting across end-grain where curves/bends are desired where weak points may occur.
Wood Trimmed Glass Moulding
- Our glass cabinet doors are framed in either oak or maple wood